Chocolate Melatonin Mousse
By Nicole Bowman
Sweet tooth got you up at night? Look no further than this delicious Chocolate Melatonin Mousse that will soothe your sweet tooth and help you get a good night’s sleep. This recipe is quick to whip up and requires only a little forethought!
Enjoy this cup of mousse before bedtime to promote relaxation and regulate your circadian rhythm, so that you can wake up rejuvenated and ready to seize the day – all thanks to CanPrev’s Melatonin Liposomal.
- 2 cans full fat coconut cream chilled
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp Melatonin Liposomal
- Frozen cherries
- Cacao nibs
- Almonds, crushed or sliced
- Refrigerate two cans of full-fat coconut cream overnight, or for at least 2 hours before beginning this recipe.
- Remove coconut cream from the fridge and scoop out the solid cream from each can into a bowl.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip coconut cream until the consistency becomes light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in sugar and cacao powder with a spatula, being careful not to deflate the whipped coconut cream.
- Once incorporated, whip again with the mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into your favourite bowl, and add toppings of choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Meet the Creator
BASc Human Nutrition
As a fitness and health enthusiast, Nicole combines her background in Human Nutrition with her passion for cooking to create delicious treats with functional benefits.