Do you love breaking things? And then figuring out how to put it back together?
CanPrev, a leading Canadian natural health company, is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Software QA Tester to join its quickly growing technology team. This role engages with internal and customer-facing systems through analysis, design and testing.
Reporting to the Systems Manager, and working in a team with developers, analysts and designers, you will:
- Perform manual testing on mobile and web-based systems
- Develop a detailed understanding of business and project requirements
- Contribute to and review Software Requirements Specifications
- Report bugs to the design and development team
- Document, maintain and review User Stories (expected behaviour and function)
- Introduce manual or automated test plans where applicable
- Other technical duties as required
CanPrev, a leading Canadian natural health company, is looking for an Systems Administrator to join its quickly growing technology team. Reporting to the Systems Manager, you will be providing support and maintenance to critical technology, infrastructure and software that drives CanPrev’s business systems.
Working alongside a team of developers, analysts and designers, you will be monitoring and supporting the daily operation of both hardware and cloud-based IT systems and applications, as well as providing end-user technical support, support deployment of new systems and contributing to the company’s strategic technical planning.
- Monitor, configure and maintain critical hardware, communications tools, cloud-based systems and other systems that support business and customer-facing services.
- Ensure systems are operating to standard.
- Develop and execute regular operational tasks like data migration, batch jobs, backups, maintenance activities, and report automation.
- Create and implement policies for user security, use of systems and networks, and back up & recovery
- Create failover procedures in event of system failures
- Support the development team in deployment of new system releases
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed
- Other technical duties as required
We are looking for a Web Designer to join our team!
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of best practices in web and UX development with a contributing mind to provide creative up-to-date web and digital solutions. WordPress is your best friend! On top of that you love working collaboratively and have the communication skills to convey technical insights. You have a great eye for design and understand the importance of creating user-friendly experiences on all device types and formats. You are self-motivated, love to seize the initiative, and have the willingness and ability to learn and handle a variety of challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are
CanPrev is a proudly Canadian company that grew out of a desire to make all-natural medicines safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over fifteen years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use – and we need your magical powers to help us further our digital and marketing initiatives.
Why work for CanPrev?
This is a great opportunity for you to get your feet wet and learn multiple skill sets in marketing, media and web. In this environment, you will learn how it all comes together. You will be joining a team of graphic designers, developers, writers, email marketers, digital and social media experts. We are quirky, outgoing, and extremely collaborative. We get a lot done but we also have a lot of fun on the way!
- 1-year experience in web design and web development practices
- Proficient and experienced with WordPress having a high level of PHP back-end development knowledge and creating custom themes/templates
- Excellent front-end design skills with a strong knowledge of UX best practices
- Competence to create websites that are Google/Search Engine friendly and conduct on-page SEO with adherence to the latest Google updates a must
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication, coding, and writing skills
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
- Understands the importance of staying up to date with the latest web and digital trends
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to hit the ground running