Hormone-Friendly Protein Pancakes
Are you looking for that “perfect” weekend breakfast treat or maybe even a hearty post-workout snack? We’ve got you covered on both accounts!
Not only are these pancakes delicious, they are also a source of fibre, protein and omega-3’s. Even better, they seamlessly incorporate CanPrev’s Myo-Inositol Powder for extra hormonal support. Be sure to keep this recipe in your nutritional arsenal!
A low-sugar treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- 2 eggs + ⅓ cup liquid egg whites
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, chunks
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 scoop protein powder – Chocolate or Vanilla
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 scoops Myo-Inositol Powder
- Preheat pan on medium heat, grease lightly.
- Add wet ingredients to blender, then dry ingredients. Blend on medium speed until well incorporated (~30 seconds). Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp worth of batter (for each cake) onto hot pan/griddle, spacing each out by at least 1 ½ inches.
- Optional: add chocolate chips, as desired.
- Once pancakes begin to form bubbles or appear dry on top side, flip and cook for half the amount of time.
- Serve pancakes as desired. Add a touch of real maple syrup, your favourite low-sugar fruit spread, fresh fruit or enjoy plain.
Cook ahead tip: Double the recipe, let cool completely and pop the extras in a freezer bag. Freeze for when you need a quick toast-and-eat snack!