Baked Banana Oatmeal
This nutritious baked banana oatmeal will be your new breakfast favourite. Make this treat ahead, and enjoy it all week long!
This baked oatmeal calls for CanPrev’s Fibre Feel, which can help to lower cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar, balance hunger and feed your friendly gut bacteria. With an added booster of L-Glycine Powder, essential for effective athletic recovery, muscle repair, and collagen synthesis.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed+ 3 tbsp water)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup chopped dates
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup Fibre Feel
- ½ cup L-Glycine Powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking pan by greasing it with coconut oil or lining it with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the flaxseed and water. Mix well and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Stir in Fibre Feel and L-Glycine last.
- Pour contents into baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool before slicing and enjoying. To enjoy later, store in the fridge in a glass container. If reheating, add a splash of plant-based milk if desired.