Baked Banana Oatmeal
A high-fibre, nutritious baked oatmeal that will be your new breakfast favourite. Try this easy-to-prep treat and don’t forget to make enough for the week!
This baked oatmeal calls for CanPrev’s Fibre Feel, which can help to lower cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar, and balance hunger. Fibre also helps stimulate healthy gut bacteria. Add in L-Glycine, an amino acid essential for effective athletic recovery, muscle repair, and collagen synthesis.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup chopped dates
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/8 cup Fibre Feel
- 1/8 cup L-Glycine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking pan by greasing it with coconut oil or lining it with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine the flaxseed and water. Mix well and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Stir in Fibre Feel and L-Glycine last.
- Pour contents into baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool before slicing and enjoying. To enjoy later, store in the fridge in a glass container. If reheating, add a splash of plant-based milk if desired.