Carrot Cake Detox Muffins
These delicious Carrot Cake Detox Muffins pack in all the rich, warming flavours of traditional carrot cake but are optimized to support the health and resilience of the gut microbiome in a convenient single serving format.
This recipe packs in various fibre-rich ingredients, including CanPrev’s Fibre Feel, to promote detoxification. Consuming a diverse diet of plant-based fibres feeds the many species of beneficial bacteria in the gut, supporting healthy digestion and elimination.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder of your choice
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mixed sunflower, pumpkin & hemp seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 scoops Fibre Feel
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, eggs, salt and spices.
- Gently fold in flour and protein powder. Add raisins, shredded carrot, coconut, walnuts and seeds. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Scoop muffin mix into liners ⅔ full.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool and enjoy!
Storage Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for two weeks.