Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Craving something warm and creamy for dinner tonight? A delicious plant-based dish is the perfect cold weather comfort food.
This recipe uses whole food, nutrient-dense ingredients that are loaded with fibre, protein and anti-inflammatory fats. Add in CanPrev’s Myco10 Immunomodulating Mushroom Complex, and you have a recipe that supports your immune health and microbiome while feeding your soul. Talk about the best of both worlds!
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds plus 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups macadamia nut milk (use soy milk for nut-free option)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 scoops Myco10 powder
- Place sunflower seeds in a bowl and add boiling water to cover. Soak for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add oil, onion and salt and sauté over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, nutritional yeast, Myco10 powder, pepper, smoked paprika, basil, water and plant-based milk. Mix well, and remove from heat.
- Drain sunflower seeds and stir in, along with the MCT Oil.
- Transfer the mixture to your high speed blender and blend until thick and creamy.
- Top this on your favourite pasta.
Store in the fridge up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
To reheat: Warm slowly on medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Add water as needed.