Job Type: Design
Location: Remote - Canada only. Occasional visits to the Toronto office may be required.
CanPrev grew out of a desire to make natural medicine safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over ten years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our collaborative and fun team of marketers, writers, designers and creatives. This team is responsible for helping Canadians understand how their bodies work, and understand how natural remedies can help.
As a Junior Designer you will play an important part in shaping and expanding CanPrev’s brand. You will work on projects of all sizes and across all channels while contributing to and maintaining CanPrev’s graphic standards and brand identity. You will create high-quality creative designs for print and web including product labels, packaging, long form pieces, brochures, electronic communications, advertisements. You’ll work with prepress teams to bring your creations to fruition.
Your portfolio should contain high quality print, web and packaging designs, and should demonstrate a strong understanding of branding, typography, photography, layout, colour palette and modern design trends. You’re a whiz with the latest versions Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Lightroom. It also helps if you know your way around a pre-press workflow, preparing files for print.
You’re keen. You love to take ownership of your projects and love to drive them to completion. You’re organized and your attention to detail never wavers; juggling several projects doesn’t faze you in the least. You thrive in challenging and dynamic environments. You’re dynamic too – with a hunger to learn new concepts and try new things.
Plus you think health and natural medicine is just plain cool.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the design team to create designs for packaging, direct mail pieces, point of purchase displays, advertising, trade shows, e-blasts and fax blasts.
- Products photography and retouching for print and web applications.
- Applying effective command of design elements to the work including colour, typography, photography and proportion.
- Taking design from concept through finish.
- Applying knowledge of pre-press file preparation to the design process
- Designing highly creative pieces while maintaining CanPrev’s established graphic standards and brand identity.
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic design or related discipline
- Advertising agency experience an asset
- Minimum 2 years of print, web and package design related experience
- Possess both creativity and craftsmanship
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC applications
- Photography and photo retouching skills
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Works well in highly collaborative environments
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Good multitasker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly.