Job Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Remote for those living in Canada. Occasional visits to the Toronto office may be required.
We are currently searching for a motivated Content Editor with savvy communication skills who can help us plan and craft excellent original content.
Applicants – When responding, please include a letter, resume and a link to your portfolio.
We are currently searching for a Content Editor with excellent writing skills to join our collaborative marketing team. Our team is made up of writers, makers, designers, and creatives. Our mission: to educate Canadians on how their health works and where nutrition & natural medicine fits in. It’s a rewarding, fast-paced environment. Great for an ambitious professional who is enthusiastic, flexible, people-oriented, cool under pressure, curious, organized, and (of course) armed with a getting-things-done attitude. Even better if you think health and natural medicine is just plain cool.
As CanPrev’s Content Editor, you’ll be contributing, planning, and executing on a wide variety of content, editorial, and digital marketing projects. Your responsibilities will include setting the editorial direction with marketing management and coordinating the writing efforts with internal and external writers. You will help create content strategy and vision and will oversee content building for four unique brands.
If this sounds like fun, read on.
Writing, proofreading, and editing content.
- Set and maintain the editorial calendar, with product priorities and SEO research in mind
- Coordinate with freelance contributors
- Proofread, edit spelling, copyedit and developmental edits
- Write and develop messages in different voices and to suit different audiences, creating or following a tone and style guide
- Work with internal and external writers on developmental edits of stories and articles.
- Coach freelance writers in story, content, and tone
- Manage a busy workload according to deadlines
- Provide art direction when necessary to help tell your story
- One to two years experience in an editorial, creative advertising, content strategy management, or similar role
- Editorial background (excellent command of the English language)
- A degree in English, Journalism, Digital Marketing, Communications, or another related field an asset.
- Agency experience an asset
- Experience with managing and guiding writers to achieve an editorial vision
- Ability to channel the voice and tone of multiple brands and personas
- Writing, copyediting, structural editing, and proofreading experience
- Strong communication, research, and typing skills
Desired Skills & Experience
Exceptional writing skills and the ability to adapt to the varying needs of the task at hand.
- Highly creative and curious – you’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You’re motivated by feedback. Writing is a team effort here!
- You should be punctual, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Good collaborative skills
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and content management systems both
- Proficient in basic social media platforms
- Experience creating SEO-friendly content and using tools like SEMRush to outline articles
- A background or interest in natural health, holistic nutrition, or wellness is an asset
- Can assist with other creative aspects, such as the visual element direction
How you stand out
Having a flexible approach and love for words is a must, with the ability to adapt your writing style to different tones and audiences. To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. You are creative, resourceful, flexible, and motivated. You have the ability to understand the needs associated with a project and the target audience. You are receptive to feedback and willing to meet deadlines. You’re able to coach and guide others.
You enjoy a collaborative environment and are enthusiastic about creatively getting your point across. You know how to spin a catchy headline, express an idea, and help people understand the topic at hand.
Who Are We?
CanPrev is a proudly Canadian company that grew out of a desire to make all natural medicines safe, effective, and accessible to everyone. Sixteen years later, we are still focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real practitioners can rely on.