Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Work from home - Toronto, ON
We are looking for a Web Designer to join our team!
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of best practices in web and UX development with a contributing mind to provide creative up-to-date web and digital solutions. WordPress is your best friend! On top of that you love working collaboratively and have the communication skills to convey technical insights. You have a great eye for design and understand the importance of creating user-friendly experiences on all device types and formats. You are self-motivated, love to seize the initiative, and have the willingness and ability to learn and handle a variety of challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are
CanPrev is a proudly Canadian company that grew out of a desire to make all-natural medicines safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over fifteen years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use – and we need your magical powers to help us further our digital and marketing initiatives.
Why work for CanPrev?
This is a great opportunity for you to get your feet wet and learn multiple skill sets in marketing, media and web. In this environment, you will learn how it all comes together. You will be joining a team of graphic designers, developers, writers, email marketers, digital and social media experts. We are quirky, outgoing, and extremely collaborative. We get a lot done but we also have a lot of fun on the way!
- 1-year experience in web design and web development practices
- Proficient and experienced with WordPress having a high level of PHP back-end development knowledge and creating custom themes/templates
- Excellent front-end design skills with a strong knowledge of UX best practices
- Competence to create websites that are Google/Search Engine friendly and conduct on-page SEO with adherence to the latest Google updates a must
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication, coding, and writing skills
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
- Understands the importance of staying up to date with the latest web and digital trends
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Report to the Director of Marketing
- Work with a highly collaborative and creative team
- Front end maintenance of 12 plus websites
- Create new landing pages and microsites
- Maintain learning of web design and development techniques that improve traffic and user experience
- Highly self-starting generalist with a thirst to learn and try new things
- Manage and maintain multiple projects
- Collaborate closely with the design and marketing team to create awesome things
Candidates should include a link to their portfolio or Github account, along with a resume and a short cover letter.