Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada (Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19)
CanPrev, a leading Canadian natural health company, is looking for an Systems Administrator to join its quickly growing technology team. Reporting to the Systems Manager, you will be providing support and maintenance to critical technology, infrastructure and software that drives CanPrev’s business systems.
Working alongside a team of developers, analysts and designers, you will be monitoring and supporting the daily operation of both hardware and cloud-based IT systems and applications, as well as providing end-user technical support, support deployment of new systems and contributing to the company’s strategic technical planning.
- Monitor, configure and maintain critical hardware, communications tools, cloud-based systems and other systems that support business and customer-facing services.
- Ensure systems are operating to standard.
- Develop and execute regular operational tasks like data migration, batch jobs, backups, maintenance activities, and report automation.
- Create and implement policies for user security, use of systems and networks, and back up & recovery
- Create failover procedures in event of system failures
- Support the development team in deployment of new system releases
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed
- Other technical duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience
We’re looking for candidates with the following background.
- Degree in information technology, engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in IT operations or technical support.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Practical experience with managing and supporting cloud solutions (AWS, Digital Ocean, Azure, etc)
- Experience in Linux, MacOS and Windows administration
- Experience with network administration
- Exposure to automation and deployment processes
- Working knowledge of JIRA and other issue tracking tools
- Working knowledge of domain name management
- Experience with common platforms and frameworks an asset (Laravel, WordPress)
Benefits at CanPrev
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- RRSP plan with company match
Why work at CanPrev?
The CanPrev Team is a diversely talented group. Our individual strengths and skills are continuously brought forward to contribute in meaningful ways. And we accomplish some truly incredible things. Because together, we’re better.
What happens here is often beyond our imagination. With a strong and humble leadership team that looks to aim high, creativity soars and innovative initiatives blossom into reality, allowing CanPrev to stay ahead of industry trends.
What feels good is a healthy lifestyle that balances work commitments and life priorities. Self-care on all levels are crucial to the successes in life in meeting and achieving goals that spark joy. Join us at CanPrev to experience what it truly means to live the #canprevlife