Software QA Tester
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada (Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19)
Do you love breaking things? And then figuring out how to put it back together?
CanPrev, a leading Canadian natural health company, is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Software QA Tester to join its quickly growing technology team. This role engages with internal and customer-facing systems through analysis, design and testing.
Reporting to the Systems Manager, and working in a team with developers, analysts and designers, you will:
- Perform manual testing on mobile and web-based systems
- Develop a detailed understanding of business and project requirements
- Contribute to and review Software Requirements Specifications
- Report bugs to the design and development team
- Document, maintain and review User Stories (expected behaviour and function)
- Introduce manual or automated test plans where applicable
- Other technical duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience
We’re looking for candidates with the following proficiency:
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, with both analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong belief in user-centric design
- Strong command of written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6-months practical experience in software testing
- Experience with issue tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience with SQL, PHP, JS and scripting languages is an asset
May be required to work overtime occasionally during launches or deployments
Benefits at CanPrev
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- RRSP plan with company match
Why work at CanPrev?
The CanPrev Team is a diversely talented group. Our individual strengths and skills are continuously brought forward to contribute in meaningful ways. And we accomplish some truly incredible things. Because together, we’re better.
What happens here is often beyond our imagination. With a strong and humble leadership team that looks to aim high, creativity soars and innovative initiatives blossom into reality, allowing CanPrev to stay ahead of industry trends.
What feels good is a healthy lifestyle that balances work commitments and life priorities. Self-care on all levels are crucial to the successes in life in meeting and achieving goals that spark joy. Join us at CanPrev to experience what it truly means to live the #canprevlife