Enterprise Software Programmer, Web, IT, Mobile (NOC 2174 Computer Programmer/Interactive Media Dev)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time (30 hours)
Location: Scarborough, Ontario. [Posted April 11 2019]
CanPrev is a proudly Canadian company that grew out of a desire to make all natural medicines safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over ten years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use – and we need you to help us further our programming and digital initiatives, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for the development, management and maintenance of all mission-critical enterprise information systems, including internally developed CRM/ERP platforms, internal content management systems, third-party SaaS integrations, third-party inventory software, internally developed mobile sales software, and customer-facing user interfaces.
- Implement and maintain security protocols for all internal applications, services, and business processes ensuring all integral systems and data are protected.
- Implement and maintain updated network and hardware infrastructure to ensure proper functioning of all enterprise information systems. Through meticulous stakeholder management from marketing, customer service, finance and sales functional groups, develop comprehensive understanding of information and business process rules and logic, and intimately understand the role each disparate information system plays in the business context.
- Based on this knowledge, propose and develop software systems and integrations to improve or enhance the quality of existing business processes using available APIs or through collaboration with third-party information system providers.
- Develop automated integration between online ordering system and electronic data interchange (EDI) transmissions with our internally developed customer relationship management system.
- With consultation of the CTO and digital team, quarterback the coordination and prioritization of bug and feature requests from stakeholders across the company. Debug and problem solve complex technical and business process issues in a timely manner.
- Continuously enhance and upgrade internally developed applications with APIs, new libraries and custom functions.
- Work with digital marketing and design functions to create interactive, educational consumer web applications for public-facing digital assets.
- In collaboration with digital marketing functions, lead the design and creation of retail/practitioner-access only web tools for direct ordering and interactive online learning.
- Develop and deploy a new suite of GPS-enabled mobile communications, CRM and payment applications for a national field-sales team.
- Collaborate with data and business analysts to mine internal datasets for insights and improved customer segmentation.
- In collaboration with analytics team, create and maintain management business analytics dashboards and overviews.
- Use improved customer segmentation data, develop software solutions to automate customer service, direct marketing, email marketing and order fulfillment to targeted accounts.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College diploma or higher-level degree in enterprise software development, computer programming or a closely related IT discipline
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in enterprise, full-stack web and mobile development.
- Minimum of 5 years systems administrator and network technician experience, and can demonstrate the ability to both maintain network hardware infrastructure and administrate linux networks.
- Minimum 4 years development/enterprise experience working in Laravel PHP framework
- Certification and working experience with scrum and agile required.
- Has prior experience using Figma to collaborate with corporate stakeholders (i.e. graphic designers, UX researchers, end users and management)
- In-depth knowledge of the following frameworks and platforms. Specifically:
- A minimum of 4 years development/enterprise experience working in Laravel, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, REST API and SOA/SOAP;
- Development Â experience with NodeJS, Web Sockets, Java Spring, ReactJS, React Native, Flexbox, Firebase and Cassandra.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of the following languages and databases, specifically:
- Development/enterprise experience with Python/Jango, NoSQL, and MongoDB
- Development/enterprise experience creating Java/Android and Swift (current working experience with Swift 4) mobile applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following practices:
- 5 years experience with asynchronous pattern programming (i.e. AJAX), MVC/OOP pattern programming, geolocation services and XML;
- Experience working with Git repositories and WebPack
- Working experience developing and deploying in native mobile environments. Specifically in Android Studio, XCode and iOS.
- Must have experience in creating and deploying custom plugins, modules, themes and custom post-types for WordPress, Joomla and ExpressionEngine CMS platforms.
- Must have current development experience (from 2018) working with the latest APIs from the following services: Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Maps, Slack, Asana and AdvancePro.
- Must have worked in a business/enterprise environment in a developer role with the following business information systems: AdvancePro, TrueCommerce EDI, SAP Concur, ADP Workforce and Quickbooks.
- In a working environment, must have developed integrations between AdvancePro, TrueCommerce EDI, Quickbooks with custom platforms through the use of APIs and handcrafted code.
- Comfortable working in MacOS, Windows, Linux (Debian and Ubuntu) and Apache in an enterprise environment.
Vice President of Marketing & Chief Technology Officer
$39.23/hour, 30 hours per week ($61,200 per year)
2 weeks annual paid vacation
Relocation expense reimbursement up to a maximum of $800 if residing more than 100km from the job site/location.
Type of Position
Permanent, full-time position
Applicant must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must submit their resume and a short cover letter in the form below. Candidates should also include a link to their portfolio or Github account. Selected candidates will be required to complete a test which is to be completed at our office location. All applicants must have legal authorization to work full-time in Canada.