Junior Graphic Designer
Job Description: Junior Graphic Designer
Employment type: Maternity leave replacement.
When responding, please include a letter, resume and a link to your portfolio.
CanPrev, Cyto-Matrix & Orange Naturals - Scarborough, ON
1 year full-time contract starting September 2018.
CanPrev grew out of a desire to make natural medicine safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over ten years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use.
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our collaborative and fun team of marketers, writers, designers and creatives. This team is responsible for helping Canadians understand how their bodies work, and understand how natural remedies can help.
As a Junior Graphic Designer you will play an important part in shaping and expanding CanPrev's brand. You will work on projects of all sizes and across all channels while contributing to and maintaining CanPrev's graphic standards and brand identity. You will create high-quality creative designs for print and web including packaging, direct mail pieces, newsletters, brochures, electronic communications, advertisements. You'll work with prepress teams to bring your creations to fruition.
Your portfolio should contain high quality print, web and packaging designs, and should demonstrate a strong understanding of branding, typography, photography, layout, colour palette and modern design trends. You're a whiz with the latest versions Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Lightroom. It also helps if you know your way around a pre-press workflow, preparing files for print.
You're keen. You love to take ownership of your projects and love to drive them to completion. You're organized and your attention to detail never wavers; juggling several projects doesn't faze you in the least. You thrive in challenging and dynamic environments. You're dynamic too - with a hunger to learn new concepts and try new things.
Plus you think health and natural medicine is just plain cool.
If this is you, please send a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio.
Working with the design team to create designs for packaging, direct mail pieces, point of purchase displays, advertising, trade shows, e-blasts and fax blasts.- Products photography and retouching for print and web applications.- Applying effective command of design elements to the work including colour, typography, photography and proportion.- Taking design from concept through finish.- Applying knowledge of pre-press file preparation to the design process- Designing highly creative pieces while maintaining CanPrev's established graphic standards and brand identity.
Desired Skills & Experience
Diploma or Degree in Graphic design or related discipline- Minimum 2 years of print, web and package design related experience- Possess both creativity and craftsmanship- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC applications- Photography and photo retouching skills- Fantastic oral and written communication skills- Works well in highly collaborative environments- Excellent time and project management skills- Good multitasker with strong attention to detail- Ability to learn quickly.
Job Description: Software Programmer
Employment type: Full-time
CanPrev is a proudly Canadian company that grew out of a desire to make all natural medicines safe, effective and accessible to everyone. And for over ten years, we have focused on making the best possible products that informed patients and real natural practitioners can use - and we need you to help us further our programming and digital initiatives, both internally and externally.
Who are you?
You are a superstar full-stack programmer that is highly technical and has a strong understanding web development & digital marketing, but with solid fundamentals in mobile and business software design. You are up to date with the latest programming standards, but also have a grasp of how technology and software works in improving business processes. You are equally comfortable redesigning UX customer flows and web marketing funnels as you are troubleshooting business information systems. You are comfortable tinkering with ERP and CRM software or debugging EDI files, as you are skinning CMS software like Wordpress or ExpressionEngine.
You love working collaboratively and have the strong communication skills to convey technical insights. You are a candidate who is self-motivated, loves to seize the initiative, and has the willingness and ability to learn and handle a variety of challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Why work for CanPrev?
This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to a rapidly rising organization that is highly collaborative where pushing the boundaries of web and digital media is part of the norm. We proudly stay on top of our competitors and would like to keep it that way. In this environment, you will learn how it all comes together. As a highly technical web developer, you will be joining the design and marketing team.
- Reports to VP of Marketing & Information Systems.
- Highly self-starting generalist with a thirst to learn and try new things.
- Manage and maintain multiple projects.
- Build highly complex management and internal systems.
- Adding features in internally built CRM with custom code to expand mobile experience.
- Continuously enhance and upgrade custom software and applications with custom code.
- Ability to debug and problem solve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Program complex algorithms to gather data and display on created Analytics Dashboards.
- Highly experienced in integrating multiple systems with custom and internal applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 - 4 years experience in web, application, software and mobile development.
- Strong knowledge in Linux server: Debian, REST API, SOA/SOAP, Linux Network Administration.
- Comfortable in developing environments: Xcode, Windows, Linux, iOS, Ubuntu.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in modifying and customizing business information systems including but not limited to AdvancePro, EDI, SAP Concur, ADP
- Workforce, Quickbooks, True Commerce.
- Deep understanding of data ontologies and demonstrates proficiency in integrating different datasets.
- Highly experienced in creating custom plugins, modules, themes, custom post types in WordPress, Expression Engine or similar.